Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just Get IT Done...


Dealing with an IT group is very similar to dealing with a 5 year old...

"Just do it when I ask you to please so that I don't have to ask you over and over again."

The beauty about dealing with the actually kid is that you do have some "control". I've been a liaison between the Business side and the Engineering side of multiple multi million dollar corporations for almost 10 years now and I thank my lucky stars for this ahem, skill. In fact it does translate well to kids in either defusing an argument or buttering things up a bit in order to GSD (Get shit done).

The main challenge I have here, when dealing with my child, is that I am at the top of the chain. No mom = no CTO to get his/her people to do as I ask. No complaints, just a challenge. I've learned the hard way that I need to stick to my guns at home...at least until I get bamboozled into a bribe I can't refuse. shit.

No comments: